Albert Henkel and his brother-in-law Hans Berten, familiar with sugar and chocolate candy production, decided in 1921 to find their own company to develop and produce processing machines for the confectionery industry. The first company headquarters was built in the city of Viersen, close to Düsseldorf, on the land where the company is still located today. After about ten years, the company was renamed Hansella GmbH. The name was derived from the first names of the company founder Hans Berten and his wife, Ella. From the beginning, the company focused on supplying reliable, high-quality machines for the confectionery industry, contributing to the industrialization of confectionery processes that remain unchanged. In 1966, the company was taken over by Robert Bosch GmbH. With the integration of the filling and capping machine business of the former Strunck company in Cologne, the portfolio of the Viersen location was expanded by another critical pillar. Since January 1, 2021, 100 years after its foundation, Hansella GmbH has been again active on the market under its original name as a new member of the Rotzinger Group.